Thursday, June 25, 2009

This Week

I just realized it has been several days since I blogged. Constance still does not like squash. We were supposed to make homemade apple sauce for her second solid food but I have had a cold for the past few days and have not been up to doing that. In a round about way, my daughter has already had an apple. On Father's Day (also the day we gave her her first squash) I was eating an apple and picked Constance up and placed her on my lap. Before I could stop her, my baby reached up grabbed my mostly eaten apple and promptly started sucking on it. I took it from her once but after much protest from her my husband and I decided to let her suck on the apple. She enjoyed that apple thoroughly!

I also went to my first "mom's meeting" at our church. I knew Constance would need to take a nap shortly after I arrived and typically standing with her and rocking with her would have her down quickly. She became fussy and as to not disturb the other women I stood with her and began to rock her. Constance would have none of that. She became louder so I quickly exited the room so I could get her quiet, asleep and be able to join the ladies again. My plan did not work. She just kept crying and crying. I knew I needed to leave but all my things were still where the other women were. There was nothing I could do about it so as quickly as I could I gathered my things and left. I was so embarrassed and frustrated. I do hope taking her places becomes easier.

The Good: It is an amazing feeling when Constance flings herself into my arms, puts her head on my shoulder and lets me cuddle with her.

The Bad: Twice this week she has woken up in the middle of the night. We do not know what that is about.

The Ugly: She had her first bad diaper after eating squash all this week. Thankfully Keith was home and changed her for me. Go Keith! He is such a good dad and awesome husband.

1 comment:

  1. I always love the photos you post. Her expressions are hilarious. She looks disgusted about the squash! Sorry things were so stressful at the ladies meeting. Don't give up. I know it's important to get with other ladies, and if they are moms, they will understand if the baby is fussy.

    Love you bunches,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive