Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ahhh

Constance was so sweet this morning. Until she constantly sleeps through the night we have her in a bassinet in our bedroom (or until she outgrows her bassinet, which ever one comes first). So our daughter woke up at 4a.m. demanding to be fed. I tried to rock her back to sleep but that did not work. My husband woke up and said that he was going to go sleep on the couch since he had his alarm to set for just an hour later at 5a.m.

So I fed my wailing infant and she is as happy as can be. She does not want to go back to sleep. So at first I bundle her and put her in the bassinet and I hop back in bed. After a few minutes of her crying I pick up my bundled baby and put her on Keith's side of the bed, and lightly cover her with our covers. I rarely do this. I put my hand on he chest and she immediately grabs it and starts gnawing on my finger. I talk to her softly and tell her it is time to sleep and I am able to start rubbing her chest. I have my eyes closed but am not asleep and when I look to see what she was doing, I see that she has turned her body and is staring at me. I told her that I loved her and that it was time to sleep and I close my eyes again. A little while after that I open my eyes to see what she was doing and she is still staring at me but this time smiles and then closes her eyes and falls asleep. Ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive